Learn more about some of the benefits you'll receive:
Three dynamic publications—a combined 68 issues per year—focusing on what YOU need to know to make your work life easier.
- HR Bulletin: This weekly email newsletter digest shares news and analyses from leading industry publications. A real time-saver!
- HR News: Monthly magazine featuring current and pending legislation, regulations, court decisions and public sector HR trends.
- Public Personnel Management: This quarterly journal features in-depth articles on trends, case studies and the latest research by top scholars and industry experts.
- Online Member’s Area: Access to resources, tools, news, networking, legislative updates, discussion groups, and more.
HR Solutions: Easily searchable HR practices with topics ranging from compensation and benefits to performance management and dress codes. Each topic includes an overview article and sample polices used by IPMA-HR members.
Benchmarking surveys and Collaborative Surveys: Members get access to free annual surveys focusing on performance management, compensation, health care cost containment and more.
Professional Development and Certification Opportunities
Get the respect you deserve and increase your earning potential through our professional development and certification programs.
- Certification: Obtain the profession’s most recognized certification designation, IPMA-CP or IPMA-SCP, only through IPMA!
- Professional Development: IPMA-HR professional development courses provide you with the skills you need to advance your career and improve your organization. Members get discounts on every program.
- IPMA-HR Annual Training Conference & Exhibition: Members receive exclusive registration discounts on the premier event of the year for public-sector HR professionals. The program features sessions and workshops led by experts in the field and ample networking opportunities.
Networking and Leadership Opportunities
- Online Membership Directory: Online access to colleagues around the world.
- Engage, a member-only community, gives you real-time access to other public sector HR professionals. Send out your question or concern, and other members answer your specific questions fast and free.
- Leadership positions Members are eligible to participate in IPMA-HR national committees. It’s a great way to advance the industry and promote yourself within it.
Job Posting Service
HR Professionals can find and post jobs through the IPMA-HR Job Posting Service. Find quality applicants and advance your own career with this invaluable service.
Powerful Advocate in Washington, DC
IPMA-HR is your voice in Washington, D.C. Our Government Affairs office:
- Communicates with Congress on important legislation.
- Files comments on the Fair Labor Standards Act, Medical Leave Act, and other workplace regulation.
- Joins amicus curiae briefs—lets courts know where public-sector HR professionals stand on important judicial decisions.